Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Ghanaian Family (cont)

In some ways, she's a tricky person to figure out, but over the months we've grown very close. I admire her.

Lydia- Oh, Lydia. I NEVER thought I'd have a friend I'd want to talk to on the phone for thirty minutes a day...but, alas...Lydia and I are like Mom and Kelly Suto. I tell her everything and nothing.

Sakina- I don't even know how to begin to describe my best Ghanaian friend. She is spunky and sweet and my entire class adores her. When I saw her for the first time in two weeks after my trip, she jumped and cheered and swept me into a hug that lasted five minutes. I'm not sure what I did to make her love me so much...because she's been that way since my first day of school. Sometimes there are things that can't be explained.

My Mother
She's motherly in every way. When I was sick, she made a constant supply of rice water and checked on me every couple hours. She loves to smile and laugh...you should have seen how pleased she was to get the headlamp Grandma sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment