Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Morgan Lide

A few days ago, I recieved the news that Morgan Lide, an intergral member of our exchange student community, drowned while on a trip with her host family.

When Allen Evans told the YES Abroad crew that the last day of the Washington DC orientation would be our last moment together, I'm not sure any of us really believed it. I certainly believed I'd cross paths with most of my YES fellows again, and even hoped there would be a reunion.

Those words have come true in a terrible way. That moment was our last together in this life.

Morgan was one of the first applicants I talked to...on Exchanges Connect. Morgan had bad larengitis at the IPSE and talked through new friends. Morgan, though we were aquaintances at most, greeted me with a smile and a hug in DC. Her loss weighs on me, and I will grieve in my slow, quiet way. I know I have 51 brothers and sisters grieving with me.

I have hope that I will see Morgan again one day, and I believe our number is still 53. But it stings.

No comments:

Post a Comment